Saturday 19 July 2014

The Filthy Platen has Moved.



Good evening.

It is with great sadness that I announce that I will no longer will be maintaining this blog on the 'Blogger' network.

Blogger has been pretty good to me for the past couple of years, but it has become necessary to move on to another site along with a new-look for my blog, and bit of a change in direction.

But it isn't all bad news. Actually, it's a lot of really good news. You can now find my blog over at its own domain at:

www.filthyplaten.com

So head on over and check out the new furniture. All the old blog entries are there, along with all the same photos and links. But it is now my new home.

Those who use readers and RSS based services like Flipboard, you can access the site via:

http://filthyplaten.com/?feed=rss2

Thanks for you support, and for reading. I hope you'll join me over at my new blog.


But wait, there's more! 

While I was building my new blog, I decided to re-start a blog that I started about 4 or so years ago, but left idle after a while. It isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, so let me tell you about the project before you decide to go and have a look for yourself.

The blog is called 'My wartime blog', and it was a project that started out as a short story that I wrote back in 2008. Back then (and still today) there was a lot of discussion about refugees and asylum seekers that have been trying to gain entry into Australia via boats piloted by people-smugglers. There is an awful lot of negativity in our society about these people, and I started the blog as a means to put their actions into a context that fellow Australians could understand.

As such the blog is a fictional account of living in an Australia that is slowly being ripped apart by war, causing its citizens to flee the country via any means possible to countries that eventually turn on them with the same suspicion and racism that we currently give these refugees.

As such the focus of the blog is to write as honestly and accurately as possible about the conditions of living in a war-zone. The story is still only in its early stages, and it is written in 'daily' episodic entries. I've attempted to make the writing appear as realistic as possible, which often leaves the audience in a confused position - as, like someone trapped in a war-zone, they never know what is really going on. Each entry is written quickly, and without proof reading (much like this blog really) to give a certain air of rushed authenticity.

Just a warning: It is quite graphic, and will become increasingly violent. As I said, it certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea. Hopefully I'll write it to conclusion one day, but it is likely to be a very long journey.

The blog can be found at:

http://scottkernaghan.wordpress.com

But you probably will want to start from the very start, which is located at:

http://scottkernaghan.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/and-so-it-begins/

Thanks, and see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment