Wednesday 23 January 2013

To those in Brisbane, Queensland






The 'Remember your typewriter' type-in

It's coming.....
(Update, 10th of March)
Rob Messenger, of Oz Typewriter fame is on his way to Brisbane in March, and it's time us Queensland writers and fanatics got our machines out in the open, and invaded the public space.

So, you poets, fiction writers and PHD kids.... warm up your fingers, oil your typewriters, load up your paper, and check your ribbons.

As I don't have firm numbers of who may be interested yet, we haven't set a date or a location. But we have a couple of each in mind - all around a central location, and the 2nd or 3rd weeks of March.

**** update ***** 10th of March has been chosen.

So if you're interested, just comment below or email me at;

typeinbrisbane@icloud.com

7 comments:

  1. I'll be there. It is only (I'm guessing) and 18 hour flight.

    Just kidding. I hope every one has a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, you crazy kids! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in - have a Royal - kind of working....but happy to bring it along and hang out with others of my type....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! And what do you mean... kind of working? I can offer a loaner to anyone that needs one.

      Delete
  4. count me in too. How could I not? Which machines to bring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news! I'll be looking forward to meeting you.

      Delete